The Anglo-Indian Schools in India have been the portals which have taken in children and sculpted them to fine young men and thus have in the process helped shape the world. The association of heads of Anglo-Indian Schools in India organized the 96th All-India Principals Conference from 4th to 7th January 2018, at Bishop Cotton Boys’ School and The Frank Anthony Public School, Bangalore.
The Inauguration of the Principals Conference was held on Thursday, the 4th of January 2018 in the School auditorium. Dr. Pallam Raju, former HRD Minister, Government of India was the chief guest. The Keynote address was delivered by Mrs. Margaret Alva, former Governor of Rajasthan & Uttarakhand. Mr. Narayana Murthy, co-founder of Infosys, conducted an interactive session with the audience.
On the 6th of January, Dr. Shashi Tharoor, Member of the Parliament addressed the gathering at The Frank Anthony Public School, Bangalore. On the same day, two panel discussions were held, on the topics ‘The role of education in keeping India secular and progressive’ and ‘Ensuring the wellbeing of the students in our schools and the proactive interdependence of all the stake holders.’ The moderators were Dr. Rajeev Gowda, Member of the Parliament, and Mr. Aditya Sondhi, Additional Advocate General, State of Karnataka, respectively. The panel members were as follows:
- Panel 1:
4. Dr. V.S. Elizabeth Professor, National Law School of India University
5. Fr. (Dr.) Joseph Lobo, SJ Director, Regional Theology Extension Centre
6. Dr. Denzil J. Godin MLA, West Bengal
7. Mr. Paul Machado Vice-President, AHAIS
- Panel 2:
2. Mr. Carlyle McFarland, Principal, La Martiniere College, Lucknow
3. Mr. Darryl Bloud, Vice-President Schools, GEMS Education, Dubai
4. Mrs. Vinisha Nero, MLA
5. Mr. Steven David, Senior Journalist
6. Ms. Purvaa Sampath, Music Therapist
7. Mr. Dinesh Gundu Rao Working President, Karnataka Pradesh Congress Committee
On the 7th of January, the last day of the conference, the officers from the Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations, New Delhi conducted an important session.